<




$BlogItemTitles$

The Hassles Of Travel

Well I hope that my run of luck whilst returning to Almaty does not reflect how the next six week stint will be!!

I arrived at the airport on Saturday at midday but found that I was too late to check in for my flight - silly me thought that it was only a domestic check in for the flight to Sydney, but it was in fact an international check in. After trying to reschedule my flights to Sydney and then Bangkok I was able to get on a flight to Sydney and got the last seat on a Qantas flight that arrived into Thailand at 11:15pm. Phew!!

The nine hour flight from Sydney to Bangkok was good as I managed to sleep most of the way, but this was quickly spoilt soon after arrival. I waited for about 45 minutes at the carousel but to no avail - my bag was missing. Bugger!! I was left with the clothes I was wearing (shorts, tee-shirt, thongs) and my laptop. I made my way to the lost baggage desk and was told that it was still in Sydney and would arrive on Sunday evening AFTER I fly out to Almaty. I got to my hotel located right next to the airport terminal at about 12:30 and checked in, too tired to worry about the consequences of no luggage.

I woke early on Sunday morning and realised that the major issue with not having my bag is that I am dressed for warm weather - I would be flying to Almaty with no warm clothes. Looking at the forecast this is not as bad as I first thought - the Sunday night low is forecast at around 14 degrees. Think I will just travel as I am, maybe buying a warmer top. What a pain!!

Oh well, not much I can do about it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home