<




$BlogItemTitles$

Still Here...

Yes, I know...I haven't posted much over the last few weeks, but I have been busy at work and really haven't felt like sitting at a computer and recounting what's been going on.

I can tell you that the weather has finally started to warm a little, and with that comes the big melt - there is water on the ground everywhere and because of this, it is now a little more difficult to get around as everything is getting soft and slippery. When walking on ice you know that it isn't going to move, but the slush is so unpredictable. The temperature today was suppoosed to get up to about 5 degrees C and it sure felt good - the change in Almaty is very noticable with more people out and a few little things like the sound of birds and even the odd squirrel. You really can appreciate how good spring must be in this type of climate, where you can finally get outside for extended periods - a very noticeable change of season, unlike Brisbane.

I am coming up to my last weekend in Almaty before heading home for my first two week break (and my first ride for seven weeks), so this weekend will be spent hunting for souvenirs. I hate shopping, but being here in a different environment should make the experience a little less painful. Am looking forward to seeing my girls again but also to returning for the next stint and spending spring in Almaty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you get to go home for a visit. Enjoy!

February 29, 2008 at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home